Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mets a little worried about Phils paper

On paper, it sounds like Cliff Lee could be a problem for the New York Mets N.L. East hopes and dreams.



"You can go to Philly and, probably, on paper they look great. But we don’t know how it’s going to work out. We’re all speculating that it’s going to work out great. If you ask Philly fans, they’ll say it’s going to be great. If you ask me, I say I don’t know."---Carlos Beltran

"They look like a tremendous team on paper. But you play the games for a reason."---David Wright

"I’m a little bit surprised it was the Phillies. We knew there was a third club involved and thought it might be the Phillies. But I’m a little bit surprised he [Lee] ended back there. It’s an excellent signing for them. It makes our division a little tougher on paper."---Sandy Alderson, Mets G.M.

No comments: